Senolytics are a type of drug or supplement that may help to remove senescent cells from the body. Senescent cells are older cells that no longer function properly. They can build up in the body over time and may contribute to age-related diseases. Senolytics may help to improve these diseases by removing senescent cells from the body. Fisetin and quercetin are two examples of senolytic foods or supplements. These compounds may help to kill senescent cells and improve age-related diseases.
Senolytics in the News
- Fighting ageing with immune checkpoint blockade
- Despite Their Scary Name, Some ‘Zombie’ Cells May Not Be All Bad
- Focus on frailty: New senolytic holds potential for sarcopenia treatment
- Progress in Emerging Alzheimer’s Therapeutics Based on Biology of Aging to be Highlighted in Session Moderated by Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) at 2022 Clinical Trials on Alzheimer’s Disease Conference
- Senolytic treatment shows promise in DME, wet AMD